International Meet on Cyber Security on August 3, 4
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
31st July 2012 12:52 PM
An international conference on cyber security and policing - Cocon-2012 - will be held here on August 3 and 4 in connection with the Cyber Security Day being observed under the aegis of the State Police, Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan told reporters here on Monday.
The conference, to held in association with state IT Mission and Information Security Research Association, will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy at Taj Vivanta.
Top police officials from other states and those from national agencies such as IB, NIA, CBI, RAW, NCRB, BPRD, CERT and IT and cyber security experts will take part in the conference, he said.
Thiruvanchoor said that nearly 80,000 complaints had been registered in connection with cyber crimes in the state and, among them, 50,000 were related to girls and women.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students