Nirmithi Kendra to be upgraded as Habitat Heritage Centre
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
24th July 2012 01:09 PM
Nirmithi Kendra, which has carved a niche for itself in the state with its cost-effective construction and aesthetic concepts, would be developed into a National Habitat Heritage Centre within five years.
Finance-Law-Housing Minister K M Mani unveiled the plans of the government, while inaugurating a recreated traditional ‘arayum purayum’ on the PTP Nagar campus of Nirmithi Kendra here on Monday.
The ‘arayum purayum’ was installed as a prelude to establish a Habitat Museum on the campus. Mani said that `15 lakh had been earmarked for the work on the habitat heritage.
“An MS course on Habitat Technology will be introduced in association with the Birla Institute of Science and Technology, Pilani. Professionalism will be ensured in the Nirmiti Kendra and updation and training for staff will be taken up in a big way. Home models of other states in the country will also be recreated at the centre,” he said. “The vision of Nirmiti Kendra will lead the way to those who want to make a home of their own,” Mani reminded.
Housing-Taxes Secretary A Ajith Kumar, Nirmiti Kendra director Rajeev Kariyal, chief engineer R Ajayan and project coordinator S Radhakrishan spoke.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- ‘Papi hills’ going the sex tourism way?
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)