Short film fest: Entries invited
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
16th July 2012 11:43 AM
After honouring actors like Madhu, Nedumudi Venu, Innocent etc, the Bharath Gopi Foundation, active in the city for the past five years, has come up with an innovative idea this year.
A short film fest is being organised for all the movie buffs from July 28 to 30. The three-day festival will be in a competition format and entries have been invited from aspiring filmmakers across the State.
“We are planning to screen close to 40 films in three days. This event will be followed by the Bharath Gopi Foundation Award ceremony at Chirayinkeezh, which is the birth place of Bharath Gopi. The judging committee comprises Chandra Babu, ONV Kurup and K Madhu,” said Venjaramoodu Sasi, chairman of the Foundation.
The short film fest is slated to be held at Lenin Balvadi. Those interested can download application forms from the website www.bharathgopifoundation.in.
The short films should not exceed 30 minutes, but can be anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. There is no language bar, it can either be in English or Malayalam. Subtitles should be there for other languages. The last date for submitting the entries is July 22.
The entries should be mailed to ‘Bharath Gopi Foundation, Foundation building, XVI, 450, Koonthalloor, Chirayinkeezh PO, Thiruvananthapuram.’
For further details, contact 0470-2643774 or send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today