VS seeks vigilance probe into RCC appointment
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
04th July 2012 10:54 AM
Opposition Leader V S Achuthanandan has demanded a Vigilance investigation into the government decision to re-appoint Flower Augustine, former nursing superintendent grade II at the Regional Cancer Centre, and sanction salary and benefits for eight years during which she did not work at the RCC. Achuthanandan’s demand comes on the footsteps of the Lok Ayukta issuing notices to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and Health Minister V S Sivakumar on a complaint that the appointment of Flower, daughter of KPCC member Augustine, was illegal.
In a statement here, Achuthanandan said that Flower Augustine was sacked in 1993. She approached the HC against the decision and in the interim, she studied law and enrolled as a lawyer. The court verdict was against her. In 2002, the UDF Government re-appointed her overlooking the court order, but said it will be viewed as a fresh appointment. But the government has now sanctioned her the salary and benefits for the period from 1994 to 2002 when, in fact, she was studying law and engaged in private practice, Achuthanandan said. He demanded that the persons behind the decision should be brought before justice.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- 'Middle-class Indians hard hit by rupee's fall'
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- 'Kerala will lose 10 per cent of water resources by 2030'
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- 10-year-old prodigy to enter Harvard University