‘Parents to blame for problems in kids’
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
29th June 2012 08:37 AM
Parents giving in to all the whims and fancies of children is the main cause of many problems in children, said Justice D Sreedevi.
When kids want a mobile phone, parents buy it for them in spite of knowing about the negative side of children owning a mobile phone. Parents now get iPads and Internet for children with the same lightness that they got ‘Onapanthu’. ‘’This will have far-reaching effects,’ said D Sreedevi, inaugurating the annual celebrations of Kaladi Sandeepani Seva Samithi.
‘’With parents busy at work, they don’t get time to look after children. This can also lead to children going astray,’’ she said.
S Sunilkumar, Mukkompalamood Radhakrishnan, Balashankar Mannath, Kalady ward councillor K Krishnankutty and S Suresh spoke at the function.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today