LDF councillors stage protest at MCH
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
24th June 2012 11:02 AM
The LDF councillors of Thiruvananthapuram Corporation on Saturday blocked Medical College RMO Sreenath in protest against the non-availability of medicines at the hospital for fever treatment.
The Councillors who reached the hospital around 11.30 a.m. were taken by surprise when they learnt that the hospital didn’t have any stock of Avil, Ranitidine, Aciclovir, Azithromycin or multi B-complex tablets.
The Councillors ended their protest after the RMO assured them in writing to supply essential medicines soon. LDF parliamentary party secretary V S Padmakumar, health standing committee chairperson Pushpalatha, councillors Vijayakumar, Gopakumar, Rajendran Jerald and Rajesh spoke.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today