UST Global wins ‘Most Innovative Emerging Corporation Award’
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
14th June 2012 11:26 AM
Technopark-based UST Global won the ‘Most Innovative Emerging Corporation Award’ at the recent International Business Awards 2012 held in New Delhi the other day. Murali Gopalan, joint chief information officer and senior vice president, received the award on the company’s behalf from Kapil Sibal, Union Minister for Communication and IT. Aveek Sarkar, Chief Editor of the ABP Group of Publications, and Zarin Daruwala, ICICI Bank president were present.
UST Global won alongside Maruti Suzuki and TCS who won in Auto & Engineering and IT & ITeS Categories respectively. Receiving the prestigious award at the ceremony, Murali said,”At UST Global, we have built a culture where ideas are expected, not just welcomed. A spirit of innovation has grown naturally from this type of culture”.
International Business Awards were presented as a means of identifying those companies and sectors that had contributed the most to Indian exports and imports.
This year, 12 awards were instituted: five export awards, three import awards, one Best Export House Award, and one award to recognise the Best CFO. The five export awards in 2012 went to companies in automobile & engineering; gems & jewellery; electrical, electronics & machinery; pharmaceuticals & chemicals and the IT and ITeS sectors. The three import awards went to firms in automobiles, engineering, electricals, electronics and machinery; chemicals and petrochemicals; and metals and minerals.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS