VACB to launch toll-free number, website Monday
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
17th December 2012 10:34 AM
The Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau (VACB) will launch a toll-free mobile number and a new interactive website to enable easy access to the public.
The centralised system will be set up in Thiruvananthapuram and public can register their complaints through the toll free number and website from anywhere in the state.
Any call or complaint registered will be forwarded to the respective district headquarters to take immediate action.
Sanilkumar, SP (Intelligence) said that the new system will help people in registering their complaints quickly. As more and more cases are being registered against civil servants, this facility would help to trace the officials, who were causing hardships to the public.Complaints regarding delay on pending files or bribery cases could be registered through the toll free mobile number or the website.
The phone number and website address will be announced on Monday.
Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan will inaugurate the facility at Olympia Chambers, Chandrashekaran Nair Stadium, on Monday.
Principal Secretary Sajan Peter will preside over the function.
State police chief K S Balasubramanian will deliver the keynote address. Additional Director General of Police, Vigilance and Anti-corruption Bureau R Sreelekha, Deputy Director of Prosecution (Vigilance) G Saseendran, Vigilance Director Mahesh Kumar Singla, Vodafone business head S Murali, Press Club president Pradeep Pillai will participate.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Key relationships
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Hope floats for Nokia