Circus returns to city, after long wait
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
07th December 2012 12:04 PM
After a decade’s gap, Rajkamal circus is back in the city and the Government Homoeopathy Medical College ground will play host for 46 days, beginning Friday.
Health Minister V S Sivakumar will inaugurate the show, while V Sivankutty MLA will preside over the function. Mayor K Chandrika, deputy mayor G Happykumar, health standing committee chairperson of the corporation S Pushpalatha, Kalady ward councillor K Krishnankutty and Attukal ward councillor C Jayan will be present on the occasion.
Performers from India, Russia and Africa will showcase various items. Manipuri martial arts and fire dance by Arabian artistes are also highlights of the show. Tricks by elephants, horses, parakeets and dogs are also part of the circus.
Rajkamal circus has performed in various countries, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Singapore and Malaysia. It had its inception in Punjab in 1974.
In city, there will be three shows a day, at 1 pm, 4 pm and 7 pm, from Saturday.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today