Kerala Tourism wins CNBC award
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
30th November 2012 11:16 AM
Kerala Tourism has bagged the prestigious CNBC Awaaz Travel Award this year. The award was conferred in the ‘Best Travel and Tourism State’ category, at a grand function held in Srinagar the other day. Kerala Tourism Secretary Suman Billa received the award,comprising a citation-’Kerala Tourism was adjudged the Best Travel and Tourism State for constantly striving to push the boundaries of excellence’.
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, MoS for Tourism Chiranjeevi Konidala and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah were among those present at the award presentation ceremony.
“It is a recognition for the combined efforts of private and public sectors in the travel and tourism sectors of Kerala to maintain the state as the best destination for both domestic and foreign tourists,” observed Suman Billa.
Kerala had won the ‘Most Preferred Destination’ prize at the CNBC Awaaz Awards in 2010 besides bagging the ‘Best Tourism Board’ honour.
The CNBC Awaaz Travel Awards are based on an exhaustive consumer response study, conducted across 11 cities, with over 1,918 respondents, across all the segments, including adventure, general public, corporate.
Delhi- Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation CEO and Managing Director Amitabh Kant and prominent Indian travel industry entrepreneurs Vikram Madhok and Ajeet Bajaj were members of the CNBC Awaaz Awards jury this year.
In its sixth year, the CNBC Awaaz Travel Awards are viewed as a recognition for the best organisations and individuals who are championing, driving and supporting tourism in India.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals