Prayer, fast in Vilappilsala on Monday
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
19th November 2012 11:43 AM
Against the backdrop of the High Court hearing the Vilappilsala case on Monday, the Vilappilsala Joint Action Council is planning an all-religious prayer and fast at Vilappilsala.
Gandhian P Gopinathan Nair would inaugurate the programme at 9 am. Expressing solidarity, various political parties would take out demonstrations on the sidelines. Nearly 50 people are expected to participate in the fast.
“Our hopes are now reinforced with the establishment of alternative waste management methods in the city. We feel the running of a mobile incinerator and the setting up of biogas plants as positive signs,” said Vilappil panchayat president S Shobhana Kumari. She added that if they receive a favourable response from court, they would celebrate it as their victory. The fast would continue till 7 pm on Monday.
Meanwhile, the representatives of Janakeeya Samara Samithi are not making any overt demonstrations on the day. S Burhan, president of the Samithi, has said that they are pinning hopes on their advocate.
Whereas, the Samithi is planning to have elaborate celebrations in the wake of the anniversary of the formation of the Janakeeya Samithi and also preventing the entry of garbage trucks into the plant premises. Titled ‘Vilappil Janakeeya Utsavam’, the celebrations are to be held from December 21 to January 9.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals