16 injured in road mishap
By Express News Service - KOLLAM
14th November 2012 11:36 AM
As many as 16 passengers were injured when a private bus plying between Kundara and Paravoor rammed into an inter-state bus at Chathannoor on Tuesday morning.
The accident occurred around 8.30 am on the National Highway near Chathannoor Junction.
According to the police officials, the private bus which took a sudden U-turn rammed into the middle of the inter-state bus. Most of the injured were travelling in the private bus.
The injured were taken to various hospitals by the police and public.
The doctors said that most of the passengers received only slight injuries.
The accident had created a mayhem in the area as traffic was disrupted for almost an hour. Later the police cleared the road and traffic resumed.
The injured have been identified as Abdul Azeez (65), New Colony, Thattamala; Sura (41), Muzhiyil Veettil, Mylakkad; Meghana (8), daughter of Bini, Karacode; Marykutty (39), of Perumpuzha, Kundara; Myna (18), Pattathilveettil, Malappuram; Mohammed Kunju (71), Nedumapana Puthenveedu; Sathyavathi (27), of Paravoor; Damodaran Pillai (67), Thazhe Puthenveettil, Palliman; Janaradanan Pillai (65), Vilayil Vettil, Palliman; Bindu (35), Kattuvial Blessy Bhavan, Edanadu; Rajesh (32), Thiruvonam, Paravoor, Bhoothakkulam; Ratnamma (72), Pournami, Kurumandal; Sooraj (13), Devadeepam, Kulathoor; Deepa Devarajan (34), Deva Deepam, Manavila; Sushama (44), Kaliyalizhkam, Umayanalloor and Nirmala (36), Nibu Bhavanam, Neendakara.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Lingerie mannequins face moral police wrath
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- 6,000 ducks die of plague in Thrissur
- India, China focus on civil nuke cooperation
- IPL spot-fixing: Cops probing Bollywood, Tollywood links
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Rs 20 Lakhs seized from Ajit Chandila's cricket kit
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas