‘Haritha Kalavara’ to be inaugurated on November 11
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
08th November 2012 01:57 PM
‘Haritha Kalavara’, the mobile vans of State Horticultural Products Development Corporation (Horticorp) to fetch ethnic vegetable products to Delhi will be inaugurated by Minister of State for Labour Kodikunnil Suresh at Kerala House, New Delhi on November 11, at a function to be presided over by Agriculture Minister K P Mohanan.
Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor will flag off the vans and perform the first sales. MLA of Badarpur in Delhi, Ramsingh Netaji, Horticorp Chairman Lal Varghese Kalpakavadi, Managing Director Manoj Kurup will be present on the occasion. Tubers, plantains, jackfruits, pineapples, spices, Kera coconut oil of Kerafed, Amrut Honey of Horticorp and other value-added products are intended to be sold through the vans. The products will be made available in the regions where Keralities are residing, institutions, hospitals etc as per a pre-determined timetable at reasonable rates.
The products are being carried to Delhi in association with the Indian Railways. The sales are being done according to an agreement reached with Shruthi Arts, a fraternity of Kudumbashree and Janashree in Delhi.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15