Rededication day observed
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
01st November 2012 09:45 AM
Kerala observed October 31 as the ‘Rededication day,’ which marks the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
As part of the observation, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy administered the pledge to the employees of the Secretariat in the morning. Speaker G Karthikeyan also administered the pledge to the employees of the Legislature Secretariat.
KPCC observed the ‘rededication day’ at Indira Bhavan, the headquarters of the Congress party. KPCC leaders paid floral tributes to the late leader at Indira Bhavan. An all-religious prayer meet was held as part of the observation.
KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala, KPCC former president Thennala Balakrishna Pillai, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Minister of State Shasi Tharoor, Ministers V S Sivakumar, K Babu, A P Anilkumar and Mahila Congress president Bindu Krishna were among those who offered floral tributes.
Various programmes were organised under the aegis of district, block, mandalam and booth-level Congress committees to mark the day.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling