Water supply hit, road damaged
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
11th October 2012 12:07 PM
Another pipe-burst occurred in the city on Wednesday morning, disrupting water supply to several areas, including Karamana, Poojappura and Thirumala. The burst occurred at Thirumala.
Officials of the Kerala Water Authority (KWA) said that the water supply was expected to be restored by Wednesday evening.
“We have started the work in the morning. Normal supply will be restored by evening,” said KWA Chief Engineer K P Krishna Kumar.
The pipe-burst was reported around 4 am on Wednesday. Scores of houses were affected. A portion of the road in the area was also damaged following the pipe-burst.
Pipe-bursts are nothing new to the city. In order to bring a change to incessant pipe-bursts, the KWA has started replacing the existing cement pipes with mild steel pipes of 1,219-mm diameter.
The KWA hopes to complete this work within the stipulated nine-months’ time.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- 10 things to know for the French Open
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?