KGOA flays government move
By Express News Service - THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
22nd September 2012 09:41 AM
The Kerala Gazetted Officers’ Association (KGOA) on Friday alleged that the allotment of funds of the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) to Janasree for five projects in the agriculture and animal husbandry would only lead to the destruction of these sectors.
The KGOA said that it was through the local bodies that the RKVY was implemented till last year. The move of the government to implement the projects through Janasree would only lead to corruption and nepotism.
It said that government depts were being sidelined, which would have far-reaching consequences.
The KGOA said that the previous LDF Government had implemented many schemes that had helped the small-scale farmers to a large extent. But the policies of the UDF Government shattered the hopes of these farmers. The KGOA demanded the government to withdraw the move to allot the RKVY funds to Janasree. The govt had sanctioned `14.36 crore to Janasree for implementing five projects - three in the agriculture sector and two for the animal husbandry sector.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala