Bad road conditions spark protests
By Express News Service - KOCHI
06th September 2012 10:26 AM
The Auto Drivers’ Association of Mulavukad came all out against the Mulavukad panchayat regarding the condition of the roads. The association has alleged that despite being just a kilometre from the city, the roads in the panchayat are riddled with ponds and puddles.
Every day, at least 20 people get injured on the roads in the panchayat. The association has stated that despite repeated complaints and requests to the panchayat and the panchayat secretary, no action has been taken yet. The Motor Vehicle Workers’ Association had also launched a hartal before the panchayat office three months ago.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks