Get set for the Sightseeing Cruise
By Express News Service - KOCHI
05th August 2012 08:52 AM
The Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation Corporation (KSINC) along with the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC) launched the ‘Cochin Sightseeing Cruise’ on Saturday. KSINC managing director Tom Jose flagged off the service at the boat jetty. According to officials, this is a huge boost to the tourism sector.
Two trips will be conducted daily, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. The morning trip is from 9.30 am to 1.00 pm. The afternoon trip is from 2.30 pm to 6.00 pm.
The tour offers a chance to see places of historical importance such as the Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue and the St Francis Church.
It will also give an opportunity for tourists to see Chinese fishing nets erected on teakwood and bamboo poles.
Each ticket costs Rs 200. The ticket can be purchased at the KTDC reception centre at Shanmugham Road and from the KSRTC stand at the boat jetty and the High Court area. The tickets can also be purchased from the boats.
Central Reservations Manager I G Chandra Babu, KTDC regional manager P N Manoj Kumar, KSINC company secretary V K Raju and KTDC information officer Shine K S were present on the occasion.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15