Net gain and how!
By Pramod Thomas / ENS - KOCHI
27th July 2012 10:25 AM
‘Usthad Hotel’, the latest flick from Anwar Rasheed talks about following one’s interest and passion. Meanwhile a similar story was unfolding behind the scenes of the film as well where Yadhul, Vivek Vinayaraj where chasing their dreams along with three other of their friends. These bright youngsters were those behind the entire online promotion of ‘Usthad Hotel’, and who witnessed the movie becomming a huge hit. Now of course, offers are pouring in for this young team It all started with their personal passion for the movies. Last February, Yadhul, a student at SNM College, Maliankara, started a site called moviesmatinee.com along with Vivek Vinayaraj, an employee with Tata Communications.
The administrative support was given by Abijith, a student of SNM College, Maliankara, Abimanyu, a student NSS College, Nemmara and Thushar, a Graphic designing student.
The site came to the attention of Listin Stephen, the producer of ‘Usthad Hotel’, who was impressed enough to hand over the responsibility of promoting the movie online to the team.
“The exclusive visuals given by the producer was the key factor behind the success of the online promotion,” said Vivek Vinayaraj, CEO, moviesmatinee.com.
They started a Facebook page for the promotion of the movie, and in no time its total weekly count increased by 61.95 percent.
After its success with ‘Usthad Hotel’, the company started by the team is doing movie marketing and poster design along with online promotion for films. At present, they are involved in the promotional activity for ‘Simhasana’ by Shaji Kailas.
They are also planning to celebrate the success of ‘Usthad Hotel’ with mentally challenged kids in Chaps Special School,Kannur in the first week of August.
They also have plans to organise an event against corruption in Kannur next month.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today