Kochi to host international coir tech expo
By Express News Service - KOCHI
24th July 2012 12:24 PM
In an effort to introduce new technologies and products developed by the Coir Board and its associates, an International Coir Tech Expo is being organised by the board here at Marine Drive from August 12 to 16.
The event will showcase the achievements in the field of coir industry and will have seminars on the new trends, investors’ meet, business interactions and coir fashion show.
In addition, competitions will be organised for school and college students.
The curtain raiser for the mega expo will be inaugurated by Union Minister K C Venugopal in Alappuzha on July 27. The ‘Vilambara Jatha’ for the expo will be inaugurated by Defence Minister A K Antony at Kanakakkunnu Palace in Thiruvananthapuram on August 4 at 11 am.
As part of the attempts to bring in modernisation in coir industry, the board is coming up with various initiatives, said Coir Board chairman G Balachandran.
Developing coir composite board, coir geo textiles, setting up of a fibre bank, development of the mobile defibering machine, coco loans, garden articles and coir ornaments are part of the new projects. “The coir expo will be a major event with the participation of 14 states. The torch for the expo will be brought from Tamil Nadu and the flag will be coming from Kanyakumari. The effort is to promote the coir industry,” Balachandran said.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- 'Middle-class Indians hard hit by rupee's fall'
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- 'Kerala will lose 10 per cent of water resources by 2030'
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 10-year-old prodigy to enter Harvard University
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks