Metro: Land survey to Resume on Friday
By Express News Service - KOCHI
12th July 2012 09:57 AM
The land survey for the Kochi Metro Rail by the Public Works Department on Vyttila-Petta road will resume on Friday. The decision was taken in a meeting convened by District Collector P I Sheik Pareeth on Wednesday.
The work was stuck owing to the protest by the residents of the nearby areas. In the meeting, the residents of the area assured the district administration that they would not hinder the survey. The Collector said that the survey will be conducted in the route except in three disputed plots.
“A joint inspection will be conducted under the Collector before surveying the three disputed plots, Ranjini eye hospital, KSEB substation, Chambakkara St George School,” he said.
Contrary to the PWD suggestion to widen the Vyttila-Petta road to 30 metres for the project, the officials had to stick to 26 metres following a protest from the residents.
Pareeth said that a rehabilitation package for the evictees will soon be charted out. “Plans are on to rehabilitate them under the span of the bridge which will be constructed across the Chamabakkara canal,” he said.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today