Kerala HC dismisses petition in Tantri blackmail case
By Express News Service - KOCHI
04th July 2012 10:07 AM
The Kerala High Court on Tuesday dismissed a petition challenging the alteration of chargesheet in a case where Sabarimala Tantri Kandararu Mohanaru was blackmailed.
Justice C T Ravikumar passed the order while considering a petition filed by Bechu Rehman, an accused in the case challenging the Additional Sessions Court order to amend the chargesheet.
The court had framed charges against the accused on June 25, 2011.
However, at the end of the trial proceedings, the prosecution filed a petition for amending the chargesheet.
The court said addition or alteration of charge can be made by a court at any time before judgment is pronounced.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks