Cusat to remove Kufos VC
By Express News Service - KOCHI
24th June 2012 10:54 AM
The Cusat Syndicate has decided to initiate steps to terminate Madhusoodana Kurup from the post of the VC of the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (Kufos). Cusat had deputed him to the post last year.
The decision came during the 585th Syndicate meeting held on Saturday. The Syndicate members had earlier indicated the removal of Kurup based on the Finance Department’s report alleging financial irregularities.
The action was taken against him citing non-adherence to Cusat’s rules and regulations. The formal procedures for the termination will be carried out soon. The syndicate has also approved the posting of V S Sreejith as the Principal of the School of Engineering and that of Mathew as the Principal of the Cochin University College of Engineering (Kuttanad).
It was also decided to collaborate with the Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers Industry to start new courses in MSc, M Tech and PhD.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks