Programmes held for the elderly
By Express News Service - KOCHI
19th December 2012 10:12 AM
House of Providence, Ernakulam, in Association with HelpAge India has organised a meeting for the aged ‘Vayojana Sangamam 2012’ at St Sebastian’s Auditorium at Bolgatty.
Cultural programmes and games were conducted for the elderly. In the afternoon a symposium was organised on ‘the human rights of senior citizens’.
John E Daniell, deputy director of HelpAge India, advocate Sheeba Subal and advocate Fr Jaison Vadassery attended. The public meeting was inaugurated by Union Minister K V Thomas who lauded the service of the House of Providence that worked towards conscientising society regarding geriatric problems. Viji Shajan, Mulavukad panchayat vice-president, presided over the function. S Sarma MLA delivered the keynote address. Fr Mathew Kallinkal hoisted the flag and Fr Biju J Thattarassery distributed the prizes. Advocate Subal Paul welcomed the gathering and Sr Theresa proposed a vote of thanks.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links