Punjab team visits Kumbalangi
By Express News Service - KOCHI
18th December 2012 08:51 AM
Kumbalangi, the coastal hamlet in the suburbs of the city, has captured the attention of Punjab Tourism and the Punjab Heritage and Tourism Promotion Board.
“The official team from Punjab, including Punjab Tourism principal secretary Geetika Kalha and executive director Vidya Bhushan Kumar, made the visit with the aim of developing a locality in Punjab on the lines of Kumbalangi,” said Kumbalangi Model Tourism Development Society president M P Sivadathan.
“The officials have said that they would send another team in January. The team made the visit as per the direction of Sudheer Sahi, United Nations Development Programme tourism consultant.
“The Punjab Government has initiated steps to promote farm tourism and it is planning to develop a tourism village there along the lines of the Kumbalangi model,” Sivadathan said.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks