‘The perfect raga’to be screened today
By Express News Service - KOCHI
18th December 2012 08:52 AM
It is going to be an unforgettable day for District Collector P I Sheik Pareeth.
The short film in which his beloved, late son had acted, would be screened as part of the Kochi International Film Festival on Tuesday.
The short film ‘The Perfect Raaga’ will be screened at 7.30 pm at the Children’s Theatre. Thaslim Sheik, son of P I Sheik Pareeth enacted the main character in the film.
It is the first public screening of the 37-minutes-long short film after it was released a few months ago. It was on a request from Thaslim’s friends that the Collector gave the nod for the film to be screened as part of the film festival. The film portrays the life of people working in the IT sector. The film was Thaslim’s dream and it was conceptualised when he was studying at TKM Engineering College, Kollam.
Thaslim, 26, who was working at Tata Consultancy Services in Bangalore, died in a car accident on March 15 at Krishnagiri.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days