A classic touch
By Express Features - KOCHI
09th December 2012 10:35 AM
As the city buzzes with Christmas festivities, The Trident Hotel brings back the flavours of the past. With the rich culinary landscape around, Chef Eeshaan Kashyap rewinds the menu to the classics!
The theme titled ‘Return of the Retro’ will tickle one’s taste buds with tempting meat dishes like the ‘Cumberland Shepherd’s pie’ where rustic style minced beef is cooked in red wine and herbs, which is then baked with mash potatoes and bread crumbs
Another must eat dish from the vast menu is ‘Coq au vin’. This famous 20th century French stew is made with braised chicken in red wine, garlic and mushrooms. From the menu chef also recommends ‘Bangers & mash’, is a popular English gastropub platter of creamy mash potatoes with snail grilled pork sausages and spinach.
From the Russian platter, ‘Beef a la stroganoff’, a preparation of beef sautéed and cooked in bouillon with gherkins and smetana is another tempting one from the spread.
In remembrance of the play Thermidor by Victorien Sardou, the chef also brings an assortment of melange of sea food with brandy, mustard, mornay and mushrooms.
A variety of delectables are also there for the vegans. ‘Parmigiana di melanzane’, a Southern Italian preparation famous for its layered eggplants with fresh basil and tomatoes, baked with cheese is a sure bet.
The veg loving foodies can also have ‘Swiss rosti with mushroom ragout’, ‘Provencal Ratatouille’ and ‘Moroccan vegetable stew with pearl Israeli cous cous’ to name a few from the veg platter. The pricing of the menu starts from `400 and goes upto `600 with a glass of wine of one’s choice from Grovers vineyard.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today