Surveying migrant kids
By Express News Service - KOCHI
22nd November 2012 01:13 PM
As part of the implementation of Right to Education Act, the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan in Ernakulam district will conduct a survey to identify children belonging to the under-privileged category.
Children of migrant labourers and those who are yet to enrol in schools due to various reasons will be identified through a survey to be launched on December 20. This was decided at the meeting held by the SSA in association with the Education Department, DIET, social workers and representatives of Local Self-Government Department and NGOs at SRV School on Wednesday.
According to the action plan a study will be conducted in the 10 pockets identified - Ernakulam North, Udaya Colony, area near SBW School, Kalamassery, KSRTC bus stand, Rameswaram, Fort Kochi and Mattanchery, Tripunithura and Aluva railway stations, Perumbavoor town and places near Edathala school.
A field study will be launched on Friday in which 10 teams comprising five members each will visit each pocket.
The programme aims to find the demography and socio-cultural and linguistic aspects of the targeted group in the urban and rural pockets, said Shine, SSA District Project Officer.
After the field study a review meeting will be held which will be followed by a one-day enumeration training.
Training will be given in data collection for specific data. After the study report is submitted and consolidated, the five-day survey will be launched on December 20. A fund of `1 lakh has been set aside for the project.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres