Panel formed to draft Kochi Media City project
By Express News Service - KOCHI
16th November 2012 11:45 AM
Communication Minister K C Joseph has said that an expert committee has been appointed to prepare a detailed sketch of the ambitious Kochi Media City project.
Veteran journalist Sunny Kutty Abraham has been appointed as the chief executive officer of the committee. The draft of the project will be filed by March 31, 2013.
The committee would be chaired by the Communication Minister and convened by Information and PRD director A Firoz. Department secretary T J Mathew, KUWJ state committee former president P N Prasanna Kumar, Kerala Television Federation president Baby Mathew are the other members.
The Kochi Media City will follow the model of the Dubai Media City. The detailed draft of the project would include the location for the centre, the availability of land, land acquisition, building facilities and construction work. A report on the construction companies that will be part of the project would also be submitted.
The committee will also study the expected revenue from the project, Joseph said.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days