Kochi-Muziris Biennale: Art exhibition inaugurated
By Express News Service - KOCHI
11th November 2012 09:23 AM
Theatre artist Sanjana Kapoor inaugurated the contemporary art exhibition organised in connection with the Kochi-Muziris Biennale 2012 on Saturday.
The exhibition was brought alive by a brilliant ‘chenda melam’ performed by a group of young artists from Peruvanam village.
Speaking on the sidelines of the programme from the house of Thampi Payappilly, a ‘chavittu nadakom’ artist at Gothuruth, Sanjana spoke of the glory of Kerala’s art forms and how it has breathed life to the culture that has defined God’s Own Country.
“Kerala has a beautiful culture. The traditional art forms will never die and its spirit has been reflected in the dedication and earnestness of the performers,” she said while interacting with a bunch of young ‘chavittu nadakom’ artists.
Delegates from the Kochi-Muziris Biennale Foundation Bose Krishnamachari, Riyas Komu and Bonny Thomas also participated in the event. Keli Ramanchadnran, artist-cum-cultural leader curated the exhibition.
Percussion maestro Peruvanam Kuttan Marar also graced the event.
The exhibition will commence on December 12 from the various venues at Fort Kochi, Mattancherry, here as well as Muziris.
Various heritage art forms will be on display like the nangyarkoothu, ottan thullal, kathakali, mizhavu, thayambaka and melam. Also, various musical events, including ghazals, would be performed.
The function is being organised with the support of the Gothurath Arts and Sports Club.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS