Employees welfare fund through banks from April: Minister
By Express News Service - KOCHI
10th November 2012 09:07 AM
The employees welfare fund benefits in the state will be disbursed through banks from April 1 next year, Labour Minister Shibu Baby John has said. He was speaking after inaugurating the distribution of the employees welfare fund benefits of the Kerala Shops and Commercial Establishments’ Employees Welfare Board here on Friday.
All small employees welfare fund boards in the state will be brought under one office. Steps will be taken to start welfare fund board offices in all districts, he said. The minister also said that the state government has decided not to start new welfare schemes until the efficiency of the existing ones are ensured.
“The move to give away the welfare fund benefits through banks is to eliminate middlemen from the field. Smart cards will be provided to employees. These smart cards or aadhar cards will be used to distribute benefits in order to ensure transparency,” Shibu said.
The minister also said that separate blocks for construction workers will be set up in all district hospitals. Hibi Eden MLA presided over the function. Kochi Corporation Mayor Tony Chammany distributed the membership cards of temple employees at the function.
Vincent Alex, regional joint-labour commissioner, M K Mohankumar, district labour officer, E S Jose, K Venkitesh Pai, P A M Ibrahim, S Krishnamurthy, K Mohandas, K D Vincent, K C Tomy, Baby Kaloor, Thomas Chazhikkadan and B Krishnakumar also spoke.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling