Contemporary art expo opens today
By Express News service - KOCHI
10th November 2012 09:11 AM
The inauguration of the contemporary art exhibition, that will be organised in connection with the Kochi Biennale 2012, will be held on Saturday.
Noted drama artist Sanjana Kapoor will inaugurate the exhibition at a function to be held at 5.30 pm near Holy Christ Church at Gothuruth.
The inaugural function will be showcased with the performance of new generation artists from Peruvanam village. “Sixty child artistes are expected to participate in the function. Padmashree Peruvanam Kuttan Marar will attend the inaugural ceremony which will be curated by artist Ramachandran Keli,” the organisers said.
Chavittunatakam artists from Gothuruth will perform at the function. The programme is being organised with the help of Gothuruth Sports and Arts Club. The exhibition will commence on December 12 and will be held at Fort Kochi, Mattanchery, Kochi and Muziris sites.
It will last for three months and will showcase Kerala’s heritage art performance.
Meanwhile, the organisers said that a cultural evening will be organised at Marine Drive at 6 pm on November 12. Writers N S Madhavan and Sethu will be honoured during the function titled ‘Annual Rings’. There will be a play by Thrissur-based theatre group ‘Theatre Sketches’ and Thayambaka performance by Master Anand.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today