Launched: 3G tablet with ‘Made-in-India’ tag
By Express Features - KOCHI
26th October 2012 10:35 AM
Innominds and Karbonn recently unveiled Karbonn AGNEE - the indigenous 3G tablet powered by Qualcomm Technologies, at Innovation Qualcomm India 2012. Leveraging a QTI reference-based design, this 3G tablet has been designed and developed in India by Innominds to provide a comprehensive and collaborative platform for students and faculties.
“Karbonn Mobiles is envisioned to introduce innovative technology across the globe. We are pleased to announce Karbonn AGNEE, the first made-in-India 3G tablet based on QRD, which will surely take a step forward in making engaged mobility solutions a reality for the Indian consumers,” said Pradeep Jain, managing director, Karbonn Mobiles.
“Our aim is to usher in a new revolution in the tablet market with 3G technology for advanced communication and data usage, thus creating a new wavelength wherein Karbonn Mobiles can demonstrate its technical stewardship.”
Innominds has successfully designed and developed this indigenous 3G tablet for Karbonn, based on a QRD which utilises QTI’s Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 MSM7x27A processor. Having designed this tablet targeted at the education sector with preloaded applications for education-based content and services that provide a collaborative learning experience for students, Innominds aims to come ua with future designs adapted for retail and other industry verticals, leveraging QRD.
“We are excited to present the indigenously designed and developed 3G tablet, driving our focus in creating solutions for consumer and vertical markets.
We are glad to be a part of, and to be committed, to nurture the ecosystems and partnerships with industry leaders like Karbonn. We thank QTI for their immense support and enablement,”said Anil Katakam, EVP, Innominds.
QRD provides manufacturers with reference handset designs based on QTI’s Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, along with ecosystem programmes that provide tested and verified hardware and software components for rapid delivery of commercial high-volume smartphone devices with unique differentiated user experiences.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- Shun hatred to live with peace