Music for a cause
By Express Features - KOCHI
15th October 2012 01:39 PM
The students of Government Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara, are organising ‘Yeh Shaam Hai Mastani’, a musical night featuring hit songs from the movies of Hindi film actor Rajesh Khanna who passed away recently.
The musical event will have six singers, including Pradeep Somasundaram and Cochin Azad. The musical nite will be held at Fine Arts Hall at 5 30 p.m. Entry to the programme will be restricted through passes. The passes are available at the college or online (www.yehshaam.in). The two-hour long programme is being held in memory of Andrews, a non-teaching staff of the college who passed away recently, and to help his family. The event is being organised by the college senate and Thanal, a students’ organisation.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Knowledge and faith
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers