Narratives from the soul
By Express Features - HYDERABAD
30th July 2012 11:17 AM
Bharathanatyam danseuse Savitha Sastry will present a solo dance narrative titled Soul Cages in the city.
Bringing alive the classical traditions of the dance, intertwining the sensitive nuances with a creativity that imbues relevance and meaning to this art form in its current age, Savitha is known for enthralling audiences with performances that embody perfection in form and joy in expression, an intelligent fusion that comes from years of rigorous training, dedicated practice, and passion.
Beginning her tryst with dance at the tender age of six, under the guidance of Guru Mahalingam Pillai of the Raja Rajeshwari Dance Academy in Mumbai, her debut performance was at the age of nine at the Asthika Samajam.
She has also performed at highly prominent venues across India, the Middle East, Australia, South East Asia, Europe, and the United States. Recently she was featured as a soloist in the prestigious San Francisco Ethnic Dance Festival held in the Palace of Fine Arts. Savitha will perform Soul Cages on August 4, Saturday at the Bhaskara Auditorium, BM Birla Science Centre, Adarsh Nagar, 7 pm onwards.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy