Monitoring team on monsoon complaints
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
04th July 2012 11:26 AM
Anticipating monsoon showers in the near future, HMWS&SB managing director Adhar Sinha on Tuesday instructed the water board officials to set up a central monitoring team at its office to keep an eye on complaints about sewerage overflows, missing manhole covers etc, received at the section level and the metro customer care centre.
The proposed team’s job will be to ensure that complaints are looked into at the earliest.
The managing director also reviewed the Monsoon Action Plan-2012 and in particular, the desilting of sewer lines at identified and vulnerable points in low-lying and water-logging areas with the officers concerned in the office of the Director (Technical).
He reiterated that the emergency response teams already constituted in all of the operation & maintenance divisions should respond to complaints promptly and give no room for any complaints from the public and public representatives. D S Rami Reddy, I/C Director (Technical), Ravi Kumar and Rajashekar Reddy and Deputy Chief Engineers, HMWSSB were present at the meeting.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling