Governor stresses on updating technology
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
23rd June 2012 11:32 AM
Governor ESL Narasimhan has expressed concern over national security. He was speaking on the importance of updated technology in combats at the convocation ceremony of officers who graduated from the Military College of Electronic and Mechanical Engineering (MCEME) on Friday.
He said the challenges in military and environment needed new competencies. Development of expertise would be central for meeting challenges.
He wondered whether we were in a position to fight or obtain intelligence in the field of communications.
The Governor said it was a ‘a moment of pride’ and stressed the need to update technology to combat newer forms of wars including cyber terrorism.
According to him, it would be the use of technology that would decide the winner in a war.
“I am sure you will not be caught unawares,” he said adding that we needed to develop multi-technology expertise.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Key relationships
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Hope floats for Nokia
- Bangalore crush Chennai in 8-over match, keep semi hopes alive