TDP demands desilting of drains
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
23rd June 2012 11:18 AM
The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) corporators in GHMC Corporators have demanded that the Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWS&SB) take steps to remove the silt in the sewerage lines by engaging additional labour to check pollution in view of the monsoon season.
In a memorandum submitted to Managing Director Adhar Sinha, GHMC TDP floor leader Singireddy Srinivas Reddy said that during the rainy season, most of the low-lying areas get inundated due to choking of sewer line connections which lead to drinking water pollution and contagious diseases.
The areas which often face such problems are Ameerpet, Mangalhat, Asmangadh, S.R. Nagar, Musheerabad, Vadder Guddisala Basthi, I.S. Sadan, Srinivasa Colony, Madannapet, Chavni, Akberbagh, Saleemnagar Colony, Shanker Nagar (Old Malakpet), Owaisi Nagar, Shalibanda, Aliabad, Rajnarsimha Colony, Dharamkaram Road, Yousufguda, Moosanagar and Yakutpura.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15