Foundation laid for second stage of Metro Rail
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
07th June 2012 10:15 AM
The second stage of construction of of the Hyderabad Metro Rail Project at Corridor I, Miyapur commenced on Wednesday. The foundation was laid and a pooja was performed at the location No. MYP-25 for beginning the work on the Miyapur-LB Nagar corridor. This phase in the six-stage project for Hyderabad Metro Rail will be operational by December 2014.
The 28.87 km-long stretch of the Miyapur-LB Nagar corridor will be served by 27 stations, supported by 438 central piers in the Miyapur-SR Nagar stretch. The Miyapur depot will connect JNTU, Kukatpally, Balanagar, Bharatnagar, Ameerpet, Punjagutta, Khairatabad, Lakdikapul, Nampally Sattion, MGBS, Malakpet and Dilsukhnagar Bus Station connecting LB Nagar while passing through the NH-9.
VB Gadgil, CEO and MD of L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Ltd and executive vice-president (retd) of L&T Construction, J. Ganguli laid the foundation stone.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sushma upset at Modi role, walks out of BJP meet
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter