Galaxy S4 out next month?
By Express Features - HYDERABAD
27th February 2013 08:34 AM
Samsung Electronics will unveil its next flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S4, on March 14, Cnet reported. It has been learnt that Samsung is set to send out invitations to a “Samsung Unpacked” event in New York for next month. While the invitation contained little details, speculation is rife with the certainty that the Galaxy S4 will make its debut there.After the prosperous success of the Galaxy S3, anticipation has surged for the successor to the Galaxy S franchise.
The Galaxy S3 last year emerged as a true rival to Apple’s iPhone, even seeing accelerating sales after the iPhone 5 launched late last year.Indeed, Samsung’s tease will likely overshadow many of the other announcements at Mobile World Congress happening at Barcelona, which like the Consumer Electronics Show, has seen its relevance diminish as the major players opt for their own announcements. HTC last week debuted its flagship One Smartphone at its own global event in London and New York.
Earlier reports pegged the launch to occur on March 14, and there have been loads of specifications that are rumoured to be included. Among them is a rumoured eight-core Exynos processor, a separate eight-core graphics processing unit, a 4.99-inch SuperAmoled display, 2GB of RAM, a 13-megapixel rear camera with 1080p video capability, a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, and the latest version of Android, known as 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.Samsung also confirmed with the tech website that it is considering embedding its new security software, Knox, into the Galaxy S4.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs