Caned, schoolboy lands in hospital
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
14th December 2012 07:56 AM
In an unending spate of corporal punishments being meted out to school children across the state, a 6-year-old Class I student was hospitalised with serious injuries inflicted upon him allegedly by his teacher here on Dec 12.
Police said the teacher is absconding.
The incident, which took place at Brilliant E Techno School at Narsingi, came to light on Thursday when the parents of the boy, Sai Pranav, lodged a complaint against the teacher, Roma.
According to the police, Roma had caned the student mercilessly when he allegedly failed to follow a lesson in the classroom. “After noticing the bruises on his back, Pranav’s parents lodged a complaint with us,” Narsingi police sub-inspector Bhoopathi said.
Based on the complaint, police registered the case. The victim’s father, Raju, said that Roma had been harassing his son for a long time and sought action against her.
“However, Roma told the school management that she only tried to control the boy as he was not concentrating on his Hindi lessons and that she had no intentions of hurting him,” police said.
The victim’s parents and other family members staged a dharna in front of the school, demanding the arrest of the teacher.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection