Producer booked for land-grabbing
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
13th December 2012 08:31 AM
The Banjara Hills police on Wednesday registered criminal cases against Tollywood producer and two others for involvement in extortion, land grabbing, trespass and kidnap.
According to the police, as per directions of the court, they registered criminal cases against Tollywood producer K L Narayana and his friends Chandra Reddy and Krishna, realtors. They would submit a report on this to the court.
E Shanker Reddy, assistant commissioner of police (ACP), Banjara Hills, told Express that they booked the three for alleged trespass, kidnap and extortion.
One Syed Nayimuddin approached the court alleging that Narayana, Krishna and Chandra Reddy trespassed into the piece of land owned by him on Road No 5, Banjara Hills a few days ago and threatened the watchman. They demanded that the site be sold to them and grabbed the valuable site.
The court referred the case to the Banjara Hills police directing them to register cases against the three and submit a report.
Narayana produced hit films like Intlo Illalu Vantintlo Priyuralu and Santosham.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- Dravid to retire from IPL?