Missing students’ bodies found in lake
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
07th December 2012 10:26 AM
The bodies of two students, who went missing three days ago in Lalaguda, were found floating in a lake in Medchal police station limits here on Thursday.
Suresh (22), a resident of Lalaguda and Krishna Babu (24), a resident of Secunderabad were degree final year students of GM Sanghi Degree college in Tarnaka.
“On December 3, at around 10 am, the victims left their homes stating they were going to college, but instead went to the lake in Medchal. When swimming in the deep end of the water body, they drowned. Since they hadn’t returned home, the victim’s parents lodged a missing complaint with the Lalaguda police,” Medchal inspector A Rami Reddy said.
At 10.30 am on Thursday, the locals who came to the lake for washing their clothes noticed the floating bodies and alerted the police, who then fished out the bodies.
“Minutes after we alerted all police stations about the bodies, Lalaguda police informed us that one missing case was registered by the parents.
Parents of the victims were brought to the spot for identification, and it was revealed that the victims were Suresh and Krishna Babu,” Rami Reddy said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS