VHP demands Akbaruddin’s arrest
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
07th December 2012 10:28 AM
The Viswa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Thursday demanded arrest and disqualification of MIM floor leader Akbaruddin Owaisi for his scathing remarks on the Bhagyalakshmi temple row in the Assembly.
VHP state vice president Lakshminadha Charyulu and joint secretary T Yemen Singh at a press conference on Thursday condemned the remarks made by Owaisi on the floor of the house with respect to the temple.
During the discussion on the SC, ST sub-plan, Akbaruddin Owaisi lashed out at chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and in the process made provocative remarks against the construction of a temporary shed over the Bhagyalakshmi temple.
“Not only on the floor of the Assembly, Akbaruddin Owaisi is holding late night meetings in the Old City and making fiery speeches. He should be immediately arrested and disqualified for making a mockery of democracy,’’ the VHP leaders demanded.
The Parishad also questioned the silence maintained by the political parties when the MIM MLA was making such statements.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Shun hatred to live with peace