MBT calls for bandh on December 6
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
04th December 2012 11:02 AM
The Majlis Bachao Tehreek (MBT) on Monday gave a call for a state-wide bandh on Dec 6, the anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition.
MBT convener Khayyam Khan and party’s Azampura corporator Amjedullah Khan asked the people to observe Dec 6 as ‘Black Day’. The MBT leaders launched a scathing attack on the MIM for failing to protect the interests of Muslims in the Old City. Describing the ongoing spat between the MIM and the Congress as a political drama, the MBT leaders said, “Both parties have a secret understanding for the elections.” Amjedullah Khan questioned as to why the MIM was silent on various issues including the torture of innocent Muslim youths after the Mecca Masjid blasts, allotment of thousands of acre of Wakf lands to Special Economic Zones and the attacks on Muslim youths by the Hindu Vahini activists.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- 'Kerala will lose 10 per cent of water resources by 2030'
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair