Water to NS canals from today
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
03rd December 2012 08:43 AM
The state government has decided to release water to the right and left canals of Nagarjuna Sagar on Monday.
About 14 tmcft of water will be released to each canal. The decision was taken on the advice of the district collectors and water users’ associations, minister for major irrigation P Sudrashan Reddy told reporters on Sunday.
About Polavaram project tenders, he said an agreement would be signed with SEW company after getting details of the Russian company. A meeting will be held at the Lake View Guest Gouse on Monday with officials to review the progress of the works and the hurdles in getting clearances from the forest and environment department.
Earlier, minister for horticulture R Rami Reddy, Assembly deputy speaker Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, MLC Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy and MLAs from Khammam district had met chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and urged him to ask officials to release water under the Nagarajuna Sagar ayacut. The chief minister responded positively to their request, Sudarshan Reddy said.
Co-op Polls on Jan 21, 25
Elections to cooperative societies will be conducted on January 21 and 25 and the election notification will be issued in two or three days. The election process will be completed by the end of January, minister for cooperatives Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy has said.
Rahul Emissaries Continue Talks
Some ministers and MLAs met the emissaries of AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi at the CLP office for the second day on Sunday. Jitender Desh Prabhu, a member of the team, heard the opinions of ministers Thota Narsimham and Viswaroop and some MLAs on the winning prospects of sitting Congress MPs.
Cong Meetings from Jan 20
The Congress would conduct meetings at Gandhi Bhavan for six days from January 20 to discuss the ways of explaining to the people about the welfare programmes the government is implementing for their benefit, PCC president Botcha Satyanarayana has said.
T Minister’s Plea to High Command
Minister for handlooms and textiles G Prasad Kumar has appealed to the Congress high command to take an early decision on Telangana in deference to the wishes of the people of the region. He said Telangana ministers and MLAs would decide on their course of action if the high command dilly-dallied further on the issue.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant