How safe are the city malls?
By Express News Service - HYDERABAD
01st December 2012 11:51 AM
The lax manoeuvre of many film theatres and big shopping malls including the GVK-I, Prasad Imax, Cinimax and Inox to ensure the visitors’ safety on their premises came to the fore when a team of Task Force police gained entry into their facilities with weapons easily on Friday.
The Task Force conducted decoy operations at various film theatres, shopping malls and multiplexes to assess the credibility of the security system available.
P Rameshaiah , Task Force additional DCP told Express that a special team conducted the decoy operation as per the directions of the Hyderabad police commissioner Anurag Sharma.
“We will issue notices to the malls and film theatres to appear before the police.
They must take necessary measures to ensure safety of the visitors ,’’ he added.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Dravid to retire from IPL?