City folks bag Bonsai Awards
By Express Features - HYDERABAD
30th November 2012 11:05 AM
In the recently concluded week-long All India Bonsai Plant Exhibition held at Baroda, two Hyderabad Bonsai plants by Sridevi Appa Rao and Suchitha Reddy were judged as the best award winning plants in the South-Asian countries. Six internationally reputed Bonsai masters from Japan, China, Indonesia, America and Australia were the judges of the contest.
20-year-old multi-trunk driftwood style Murayya Exotica Bonsai plant (Local name: Kamini) of V Sridevi Appa Rao, president of Friends Bonsai Society Hyderabad was declared the bect in 20122,while for the year 2011, 20-year-old Murayya Paniculata Bonsai plant of vice president Suchitha Reddy were awarded. The award for the best Bonsai nursery went to Lalitha Sri and Madhusudhan Reddy.
400 Bonsai plant growers from all over India and other countries attended the workshops. One lakh people visited the exhibition.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- India to convey its view on S Lanka's 13th Amendment after consideration