Fifteen Maoists surrender
By Express News Service - KHAMMAM
20th November 2012 09:03 AM
As many as 15 Maoists, including Gadchiroli district committee secretary (Maharastra state) Bandarapu Mallaiah alias Chandranna and his wife Balavva alias Vijaya, surrendered before Khammam SP Hari Kumar at Kothagudem in the district on Monday.
According to the superintendent of police, Mallaiah, who is also the secretary of Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Andhra Dandakaranya special zone committee secretary, was carrying `10 lakh reward on him.
Both Chandranna and Vijaya hail from Machupeta village in Manthanimutharam mandal in Karimngar district.
Mallaiah is accused of attacks on many police stations in Odisha, Maharastra and Chhattisgarh states. He was also allegedly involved in the killing of many BSF jawans.
Vagaboina Ramana alias Rajitha, G Ramesh alias Ravi, K Raju alias Guravaiah, who are the members of the Khammam-Narasampet dalam, and 10 militia members also surrendered.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet