Season 10 and counting
By Kruthi Gonwar - HYDERABAD
20th November 2012 11:18 AM
Love it or hate it, one cannot for sure ignore it. Infinite madness is probably an understatement for the craze this show has generated. Roadies is definitely a way for perhaps more than half of the country’s youngsters to portray and prove what they believe in.
Though the Nawabi City has not been a very regular member of the Roadie club, post season 9, Hyderabadi contestants have surely made their presence felt, forcing the crew to come back to the city to pick a few more suitable players.
“We have had the most interesting people on the show from Hyderabad last season. Though after season 3, we came back to city only in season 9, we are definitely looking forward to some more good contestants this time around,” said Raghuram, the creator of the show. Adding to this, an ex-Roadie and also the host of the show Ranvijay Singh says, “The contestants here are a lot of fun. They have a tinge of Hyderabadi masala to them, be it in the culture, the language or attitude.”
Titled 'Battle For Glory', this season is going to be a face-off challenge between Raghuram and Ranvijay, the former representing a group of ex-Roadies, while the latter heading the group of newly selected Roadies from the auditions held this year.
“Roadies completes a decade this year, and it enters the new era. The season is all about winds of change, as the new challenge the old in a battle of glory.”
While Ranvijay further adds, “Raghu and I have always been on the same team. This is the first time we will be competing against each other.”
This season will be completely be shot in India and no foreign locations will be a part of the competition, and North-Eastern India is going to be a special attraction this season.
The auditions for Roadies 10 will be held at the Shilapakala Vedika Convention Center, Shilaparamam from 9 am onwards.
The participants are expected to be 18 years and above. There will be a separate queue for girls and it is mandatory for guys to have a valid driving license.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Lingerie mannequins face moral police wrath
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- 6,000 ducks die of plague in Thrissur
- India, China focus on civil nuke cooperation
- IPL spot-fixing: Cops probing Bollywood, Tollywood links
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Rs 20 Lakhs seized from Ajit Chandila's cricket kit
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Indian university lecturer arrested in UAE